Software Development Manager
Full Time | Wenatchee, WA | Posted 12/1/2016
Candidate will be expected to manage and own the development process, performance and life cycle of the company’s proprietary operational support system which will be used internally and also be deployed for partner and customer use.
The system is built in .net on the azure platform. The candidate must interface effectively and work very closely with different functional groups such as sales/marketing, engineering and operations to define the common manageability, automation, DevOps and OSS/BSS integration strategy. Candidate will initially lead a 3-person team in India, interact with a 5-person management group here in the states and use/acquire/interface with other subject matter experts as needed.
- Define market requirements for the future product strategy with sustainable differentiation based on customer needs & competition.
- Engage with teams to drive key manageability initiatives.
- Create quick MVP (minimum viable product) of product cycles, build clear product map, agile frameworks embraced.
- Work with programmers to ensure successful delivery of product on schedule
- Gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base behind current OSS/BSS integration as well as future integration.
- Conduct market analysis to get broader sense of the other market offerings to be integrated and build a competitive product use case.
- Effectively position products to maintain leadership position in the OSS/BSS & telecom marketplace.
Day to Day
- Manage the DevOps and UAT meetings
- Interfaces/API (Rest API & Azure is a plus)
- Azure – visual Studio team services – VSTS
- Continuous integration and release management
- .net & programming language/code review
- OSS/BSS integration
- Telecom & network automation
- DevOps support and integration
- Support training for internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (CS preferred)
- Preferred some programming background
- 3 to 5+ years of product management experience
- Relevant industry experience
- Excellent understanding of complex computer science engineering problems
- Experience managing teams, including in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Must have managed remote teams and have strong PM skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated successful experience managing software strategies in a high growth environment or start-up environment.
- Should have experience with both in-house and ODM development models
- Demonstrate solid technical and engineering expertise by developing software to solve complex problems.
- Understands scaling challenges of various software constructs.
- Able to train and mentor developers
- References required
Salary DOE. Employee-paid health, vision & dental insurance available.